Lead Support Engineer
Role: Lead Support Engineer
Reports into: CTO
Location: London / Hybrid
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Engage is a creative technology agency that puts people at the heart of every experience. With offices in London and Dubai, we combine the best creative with innovative technology to create unique, innovative, and bespoke experiences that excite, inspire, and engage.
Our experiences are designed to enhance collaboration, loyalty and action for sectors including retail, property development and for workscape environments.
Our services include strategy, creative design, development, build and support. Recent projects include real-time visualisation software for Twitter, various high end marketing suites, visitor centre within Zaha Hadid building in UAE, and various inspiring interaction exhibitions with the UAE Edge of Government innovation experience. We have created various customer experience products over past few years which we own and develop, in the realm of collaboration software, sales acceleration platform and an immersive 3D hybrid platform.
We are about to move to new studios in Greenwich Design District complete with our innovation lounge, Flux, as a place for ideas, innovation, and breakthroughs. Professionals come to Flux to learn about the future of business, get first-hand with the latest emerging technologies, and to explore, dream and discover plus take part on hybrid events and symposiums. Flux clients include Microsoft, Mercedes Benz, Accenture, Wired, EY, and Volkswagen.
Check out our showreel here.
The Lead Support Engineer role is a hybrid role, with a primary weighting on leading the Support function across the Engage Works Group. The secondary responsibility of this role is to provide support as a Project Engineer.
Primary Responsibilities: Support
- The Support services are the primary focus for the role.
- Take a proactive approach to support our client’s audio-visual technical requirements.
- Represent Engage Works in our client engagements.
- Foster good working relationships with our client’s key stakeholders.
- Manage ticketing, call-outs and proactive maintenance visits, and conduct reviews to improve service levels.
- Remote monitoring of systems to ensure client sites continue to remain operational.
- Create and own Engage Works Support Calendar for key visits/maintenance days across all Engage client sites, including site visits outside of the London area from time to time.
- Ensuring that effective and up-to-date documentation is available for all systems and that it is distributed to relevant parties.
- Maintain SLAs and ticketing through Zendesk and that reporting processes are followed, escalating and showing effective communication of high-risk issues to the management team as required.
- Work closely with software developers to ensure client software is maintained and up to date and take ownership of on-site software testing.
- Provide ongoing support for Flux, providing engineering for upgrades to space, provide support for events and day-to-day maintenances support.
- Prepare pre-sales quotes and estimates documentation for MSA contracts
- Office-Based role and will require travel to client-side both inside London and outside London.
Secondary Responsibilities – Project Engineering
- Support the team on pre-sales ops and costings.
- Create and amend bills of material documentation.
- Ownership of small installations and upgrades to existing clients sites.
- Maintain and deploy Engage Hardware Control System across projects.
- Create and maintain key documentation across projects
- Ensure quality equipment integration during test build and on-site, maintaining the high levels of quality control during delivery and installation.
- Ensure system design meets the scope of works and is within budget.
- Undertake product specification and procurement in line with company best practices
- Provide technical advice to the team and be a team player within the engineering team.
- Review current industry products and methods to maintain knowledge within the engineering team.
- Work as a key member of the Engage Works Delivery Team, developing strong relationships with others
- Represent the Engage Works Engineering and Support functions in both internal and client-facing environment
- Show a can-do, problem-solving attitude, be proactive in helping others.
- Work collaboratively with the team to create Support proposals in a client-facing format, collaborative with the Project / Account Management Teams to create and deliver against detailed requirements brief
- Provide technical/professional expertise on engineering issues
- Communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues and third parties when working on projects
- Foster good relationships with freelancers, contractors, suppliers and all cross-functional teams – demonstrate the ability to lead a team of in-house, on-site and remote personnel
- Proactively support the Engage management team, suggesting new ideas and questioning thinking where appropriate
- Escalate key issues to senior team members for advice, support and direction as required
- Raise your internal profile through knowledge sharing and internal presentations
What we offer
- Great starting salary
- Share options after 12 months
- 25 days AL
- Friendly people as work mates
- Diverse projects to deliver
- Lively pace of work
- Office studio in the new cool Greenwich Design District (8 mins from London Bridge)
- Hybrid role – in our new studios and remote working
- London studios (Greenwich) – Dubai Office, attend periodically
- Clients’ sites and locations as needed on projects
If you think you could be a good match for this role, please apply with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line please include your full name and the role you are applying for.