Lead Frontend Developer
Role: Lead Frontend Web Developer
Reports into: CTO
Location: London / Hybrid
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Engage is a creative technology agency that puts people at the heart of every experience. With offices in London and Dubai, we combine the best creative with innovative technology to create unique, innovative, and bespoke experiences that excite, inspire, and engage.
Our experiences are designed to enhance collaboration, loyalty and action for sectors including retail, property development and for workscape environments.
Our services include strategy, creative design, development, build and support. Recent projects include real-time visualisation software for Twitter, various high end marketing suites, visitor centre within Zaha Hadid building in UAE, and various inspiring interaction exhibitions with the UAE Edge of Government innovation experience. We have created various customer experience products over past few years which we own and develop, in the realm of collaboration software, sales acceleration platform and an immersive 3D hybrid platform.
We are about to move to new studios in Greenwich Design District complete with our innovation lounge, Flux, as a place for ideas, innovation, and breakthroughs. Professionals come to Flux to learn about the future of business, get first-hand with the latest emerging technologies, and to explore, dream and discover plus take part on hybrid events and symposiums. Flux clients include Microsoft, Mercedes Benz, Accenture, Wired, EY, and Volkswagen.
Check out our showreel here.
We’re looking for a Frontend React Developer that will lead the development and architecture of our frontend web projects, build beautiful custom user interfaces, and help steer the future of online presentation tools.
You will be part of a highly effective team, working on cutting-edge products like our flagship product, Foundation. Foundation is a touchscreen sales tool used to bring new property developments to life with 3D models, interactive maps, videos, and images. This has a custom CMS built in React including a wiziwig editor and cloud-based folder management. Think webflow, canva, dropbox in terms of creator platform tools!
- Front-end interfaces for the products, with the initial primary focus on Foundation and implementing new roadmap features.
- Takeover and own the architecture to improve and maintain the product.
- Help to plan and estimate web based projects. Be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and vice-versa.
- Work closely with other members of the team to deliver projects, this includes creatives, PM & Backend Lead Developer.
- Scope and create work packages for other frontend developers as the projects and product scale.
- Be a mentor for other developers as the team grows.
- Experience in building and maintaining large-scale applications in React.js
- Love of architectural problems like refactoring, performance and optimisation.
- Experience with UI frameworks and custom styling
- Understanding of display trees/transforms, 2D rendering and dynamic animation such as tweening
- Interfacing with REST APIs
- Pragmatism and independence to deliver high quality output within deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Eye for detail and user-centric thinking
Nice to haves:
- Real-time socket communication
- Experience with Touchscreens
- Graphically intensive applications
- Agency background
What we offer
- Great starting salary
- Share options after 12 months
- 25 days AL
- Friendly people as work mates
- Diverse projects to deliver
- Lively pace of work
- Office studio in the new cool Greenwich Design District (8 mins from London Bridge)
- Hybrid role – across our new studios, and remote working.
- London studios (Greenwich) – Dubai Office, attend periodically
- Clients’ sites and locations as needed on projects
- Possibility to work remotely from any European country!
If you think you could be a good match for this role, please apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
In the subject line please include your full name and the role you are applying for.